Saturday, October 16, 2010

PORK!

What's cookin' tonight? Pork chops with spicy spice rub and potatoes along with Chocolate chip caramel coconut cookies. Who’s coming over? haha. I tried out that new spice rub I made. It was really good but spicy!! I should not put as much on the next time. That way I can have an equal amount of flavor on the meat. I am surprised that the cookies turned out well too. I messed up the batter so I had to re-do it then I realized I didn't have enough All-purpose flour. I had to use unbleached flour. I think that is why they are so flat and that the batter didn't rise. That flour is made for cakes to allow them to be moist. I guess it didn't work that well for cookies haha. I need to go buy more flour now. I also need buscuits for my next dessert I'm making. Its a surprise so I'm not telling anyone I'm making. lol


I also went to Ikea today, I found some cute stuff I need like a tea pot, dinner platters and some cheap cooking stuff I want. I can’t wait till I move out and get married. I found some counter tops I like and some dinnerware I like. I would like white countertops and light wood cabinets with an island in the middle. Having two ovens is a must!! I actually did find a toaster oven I want at Target I want. Yeah its $20 but I won’t use it all that often. The sooner I get my big appliances the happier I will be. I also found an 8 cup food processor I want that is $70. Usually those cost a ton more for an 8 cup one. It’s by Giada De Laurentiis so I know that it is good quality. I also want a small grill so I can make a vegetable salad or something. I love the holidays because I can buy cute dinnerware and party trays for the season. That is another reason why I wanna move out, so I can have food parties with people and show off my decorating and cooking skills. Haha! Cooking also relieves a ton of stress off me. I can’t wait till Thanksgiving so then I can make new creations and try them all out.


No comments:

Post a Comment