Monday, October 4, 2010

Let's Start COOKING!


So I admit that I am lame and I have just BARELY started to cook again. I have been so busy with school and work I have no possible time. I can’t wait till thanksgiving!! I always cook for Thanksgiving; I am also excited that Halloween is coming so I am going to make some amazing treats. I made gingerbread and it was AMAZING!! Adding apple juice really does add tons of flavors. I also made meatball stew and that tasted amazing as well. My new task it’s to make quiche, I’ve never done it before. I also made pasta and Giada De Laurentiis came out with some new topping/sauce for pasta. It tastes good, I got the sauce that’s green and it’s in a small bottle. Can’t remember what it’s called but it tastes good. You can only get it at target. I still needa get her cookware. I am tired of using my parent’s stuff that doesn’t work. When I get $200 I will definitely get some new stuff!

I seriously need a separate storage unit for my cooking stuff. I need stuff for my appliances, ingredients and cook books. I hope I get something for Christmas because I am running out of space. I might just have to buy something myself. I already have a huge tub to put stuff in but I need something bigger. Oh I did buy a cute tea set type thing, it’s floral and it has a small tray to go with. I bought pomegranate tea and I absolutely love it!! Speaking of pomegranates, it’s that time of year for them!! I needa find some good recipes for that type of fruit. I so want to have a small party and make some cute drinks with cute drinkware and finger foods. Imma dork, I know but it’s my fantasy. I figured that when I turn 21 I’m going to have an elegant party with margaritas and martini’s. I don’t wanna go to a bar, it’s not my thing.

I also need to get a spice rack and a Indian cookbook, I need to refresh on my skills in Indian food. Someone seriously have a party so I can cook all my desired dishes and be done with it. Haha I saw this Paula Dean episode where she grilled veggies and made it all into a salad. I wanna try that and get a small grill. I am slowly getting all my appliances I want but then again, I should save the big stuff for when I get married.

No comments:

Post a Comment