Friday, May 28, 2010

Cooking gets expensive



I made BBQ burgers this week. It was the first time I made burger patties by myself. Its hard to make patties by hand when you have tiny hands. I loved the recipe and how I made it but I would change the sauce. It didn't really taste how I would have expected it. I need to play around with the recipe and try new spices to kinda bring it to life. Adding cayenne pepper, hot sauce and BBQ sauce should add it that extra "kick."

Another thing that I have noticed this week is that I am fresh out of ingredients. These aren't your once in awhile cooking ingredients. I am talking about sugar, eggs, chocolate chips, condensed milk, and other stuff that you need. I usually purchase things in bulk and when they are all gone I freak out. I tend to cook out of random so when I am out of ingredients I am so confused on what I can make with the ingredients that I do have. If I had the guts, I would put a pay pal on here so people could send me money for ingredients. I'm not that desperate tho so I don't think I am going to do that any time soon.

I enjoy cooking for others and expressing my talent to the people I care about. I made spaghetti with Giada De Laurentiis Tomato Basil sauce and french bread with butter. I was supposed to be eating dinner with my friend but she bailed on me. Yes, I am upset but things do happen. The thing that I hate more is wasting food. Everything is so expensive and its hard to waste food when you spend so much time in the kitchen. I mean, when your in a small kitchen its tight, so you wanna make everything taste good in the small space you have.

When I get my own house I want a huge kitchen. I am talking about two ovens, dishwasher, huge sink, two stove tops, cabinets, pantries, large counter space and storage space for all my cookware. I found some cookware at Target that I thought about purchasing. No, its not by Giada De Lauentiis but it is made out of aluminum and its non-stick. I think its just Targets generic brand for their cooking line but that does not mean its not bad. Its cheap too, $80 but I don't need much until I get married. I figure when I get married I will ask for more expensive cookware.

1 comment: