Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Its all about your mother this weekend!


I totally failed on updating yesterday, my bad. I did so much cooking its hard for me to remember what all I did. My dad had his tooth worked on so I made him an omelet as a soft food. For dinner I made Ravioli with Balsamic Brown Butter. I can officially cross that off the list of the things I would like to make. It was very different but wonderful, it was a hit. I had French bread with melted butter on the side to make it even better. I need to tell you my adventure of finding my balsamic vinegar. It took me about 20 minutes to find it, it was insane!!! I was at target and I grabbed an associate to help me. This was no regular associate, he was divine. Like very attractive and his smile was heaven. So we spent 20 minutes looking down isles trying to find vinegar. Can you say pure bliss?
Since my weekend is pretty busy with work, I fail as a daughter of being present during my mom's birthday. I feel so I went ahead and made my mom a b-day cake. If I had my choice I would make her a 3 layer cake. One layer for her birthday, mothers day and my parents anniversary. One layer for every event kind of thing. Since my mom is on a diet, she wanted like a one layer cake. I actually made her a chocolate chip crumb cake. It tasted good, you really could taste the lemon zest. I was shocked it would ask for that but it did give me an excuse to buy me the zester I've been wanting. I posted this photo on facebook a few people have been asking for the recipe. I don't mind sharing it, but I don't wanna type it out. haha this is how lazy I am. lol

Have you ever noticed that bacon shrinks every time that you cook it? I never really realized that till now. I have like some weird obsession with bacon. I swear, when I get pregnant my craving would most likely be bacon. How interesting is that? I also learned that olive oil helps pasta not stick to the bottom of the pan. You can also prevent this by not burning your pasta but if your one of those cooks who burns it anyway, use olive oil. Vegetable oil has no flavor so if your picky about flavor with your pasta, use vegetable oil. Another thing I learned from making omelets is that its hard folding your omelet over properly. I think I've had success with it only once in my life. I always kinda burn the bottom and it wont fold right. I need to get a bigger spatula, I've decided.

My mom has decided that I have been taking over her kitchen. She doesn't even cook so I don't know why she is flipping out. haha I have like 2 cupboards and one drawer to myself full of cooking stuff. Her idea was to buy a giant shelf/cupboard, wood thing and put it in the kitchen with all my cooking stuff. It will need to be huge for all my baking ingredients, utensils, cookbooks, pots/pans, just everything I have. I figure the bigger it is the better, but it can't be too tall. I am tired of literally "reaching" for my cooking stuff. I'm only 5 foot so I need to climb over everything. I need a rather large kitchen when I get married. Its decided. haha

Bon Appetit!
-Maitreyee Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment